World News — World Cup is 'WIDE OPEN' and that suits England, insists Jamie Carragher – Chicago Popular that we obtained from news agencies. opinions and stunning details about the World Cup is 'WIDE OPEN' and that suits England, insists Jamie Carragher – Chicago Popular that you have never heard before.
World Cup is 'WIDE OPEN' and that suits England, insists Jamie Carragher – Chicago Popular
‘Erratic’ results at the World Cup should give
Along with wins for France and Spain, who hit Costa Rica for seven on Wednesday night, England are one of a handful of teams to lay down an early statement of intent after defeating Iran 6-2 in their opening game.
Since then there have been shock defeats for Argentina and Germany, who lost to Saudi Arabia and Japan respectively, while other popular picks such as Denmark and Croatia stuttered to 0-0 draws in their first games.
That ‘unpredictability’ coupled with the fact a number of top international teams appear to be in a moment of transition, Carragher is convinced a window has opened for England to strike.
England should gain belief from the ‘erratic’ results of others in Qatar, says Jamie Carragher
- The World Cup has already thrown up a number of shock opening round results
- Japan came from behind on Wednesday to stun 2014 champions Germany
- Tournament favourites Argentina suffered a stunning loss to Saudi Arabia
- Jamie Carragher insists ‘unpredictability’ in results plays into England’s hands
- The Three Lions started the tournament with a rampant 6-2 win against Iran
- Click here for the latest World Cup 2022 news, fixtures, live action and results