Welcome to the Chicago Popular News community. The subject of this news is Viktor Orbán wrote a reply
here are the details.
- According to Viktor Orbán, in connection with the Russo-Ukrainian war, Hungary’s position was clear from the beginning, “we condemn the Russian attack on the territorial sovereignty of Ukraine, the violation of the Budapest Convention.
- The armed conflict must end, and the disputes must be settled through negotiation. How this can be achieved is not covered in the letter.
- The letter on the sanctions against Patriarch Kirill, an unconditional believer in Russian President Vladimir Putin: This opinion was previously known to all Member States “.
- In adopting the six sanctions packages so far, Hungary has done its utmost to maintain European unity. “We have done this in a way that has made it increasingly difficult to enforce the previously consensual principle that the sanctions imposed should not do us more harm than good.”
- Viktor Orbán spoke about the debate around unanimity and majority voting: in his view, since the Treaty requires the European Council to act unanimously, the veto is conceptually incomprehensible, without which no decision can be taken.
- Just as Members of the European Parliament cannot determine how Members vote in the European Parliament, so vice versa.
Cover page: Viktor Orbán’s Facebook page