Have popcorn, turkey meat, stuffing, whatever.
The USA Men’s National Team will face their toughest opponent in Group B of the 2022 FIFA World Cup, England.
England beat Iran 6-2 in their opening match, with additional goals from Jude Bellingham (Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) and Jack Grealish (Manchester) giving Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) the lead. Scored 2 goals. city).
Meanwhile, in the 1-1 draw with Wales, the USA had few shots on target except one goal.
Ahead of kickoff time at 2pm ET on Friday, let’s break down the key stories, notable players, and more for what should be one of Qatar’s best Group Stage games.
USMNT vs England main storyline
Below are three stories from each country worth following.
- Gio Reina starts as an unused substitute: One of the strange things about the Welsh result was that Borussia Dortmund’s attacking midfielder Gio Reina didn’t turn up from the bench. Instead, manager Greg Verhalter chose Jordan Morris in the 88th minute.After the match, Burhalter pointed out Reina’s latent muscle strain, and Reina Felt 100%Verhalter has suggested that Reyna will play against England, and the United States will need his creativity in the central area.
- All eyes on Walker Zimmerman: Nashville centre-back Walker Zimmerman challenged Gareth Bale and didn’t need to equalize on penalty kicks. The English player is used to his duo of Tim on the left flank Tim on his Ream and Anthony Robinson on Fulham, but threes Zimmerman’s mistake will leave him with his Lions boasting a much stronger attack than the Wales. It will get a lot of attention.
- Shot, Shot, Shot: No, this is not a reference to LMFAO’s 2009 song. That’s when he was the subject of friendly matches in September and he scored 0 goals as a result. Wales wanted it. USMNT will need at least a few more goals to make it through against England.
- England aggressiveness: Gareth Southgate has long been said to need to instill a more aggressive approach to his English side. After ignoring it for several years, Southgate’s switch in attacking tactics led to an impressive barrage of goals for the Three Lions. I was. It’s not as effective for high-pitch counter-pressing, nor is it technically sound, but 6 goals is 6 goals. Optimal.
- Jordan Pickford Test: Pickford is known as a goalkeeper and shot stopper, but he’s not necessarily elite. Pickford, with his small 6-foot-1 wingspan, conceded his first shot at the Iranian target – a few inches taller in terms of body and arms, which he stabbed over the crossbar. If you can score more shots on target, here are your goals to get there.
- Young stars: Both sides have plenty of young talent, but England is in a class of its own. Both Saka and Bellingham had already had their chances as potential World Cup finalists, and each had put on an excellent game against Iran that topped the scoresheet. Can they keep up against the US backline with players like Declan Rice and Mason Mount?
USMNT vs. England players to watch
The three players to watch out for in each country are:
- Christian Pulisic: Pulisic usually makes this list for the US, but this time it’s even more appropriate. The Chelsea winger has played with or been teammates with almost every English player in the English Premier League. His familiarity with his style of playing defenders could make a big difference, especially against Newcastle’s United’s Kieran his Trippier. .
- Tyler Adams: Like Pulisic, Adams’ first year at the EPL was a productive one. The captain’s man-of-the-match performance against Wales needs to be replicated. He is progressive and excels at breaking up his passes, offering his fit forward with aggression and speed in the middle of the pitch, making Bellingham, Rice and Mount much more than a Welsh option in midfield. Must be on top again in excellent condition.
- Matt Turner: He already made the round with a massive second-half save in the 64th minute.He will be called up again. His performances against Wales have been solid. He is also in the EPL, but has yet to feature in the league, but has experience with Arsenal teammate Saka.
- Harry Kane: Despite winning the 2018 Golden Boot and leading the way, the England captain surprisingly wasn’t one of the scorers against Iran. odds Favorites Awarded in Qatar. He poses a serious threat to Zimmermann and Ream as a No. 9 with incredible batting and passing in open space. We look forward to seeing him perform well against the United States at the 2022 World Cup.
- Harry Maguire: The Manchester United centre-back, usually the center of attention for all the wrong reasons, put in an impressive performance against Iran. He set up Saka’s first goal by winning an aerial duel from his corner kick and should have scored the first goal himself if he didn’t hit the crossbar. Maguire will be tested under more pressure, as the US appears to be more aggressive than Iran.
- Bukayo Saka: Two goals for the Golden Boot Race and Man of the Match award. Such Saka will face the battle with Robinson and Ream on the left side. They have already faced off once this season, in a game where Saka recorded an assist from the same side, but he turned the ball right and was just 21 years old.
USMNT vs. England starting lineup predictions
Let’s see how each team lines up.
Burhalter maintains the same form (4-3-3) and expects Wales’ starting eleven players.
GK – Matt Turner, LB – Anthony Robinson, CB – Tim Ream, CB – Walker Zimmerman, RB – Serginho Dest, CDM – Tyler Adams, CM – Yunus Musser, CM – Weston McKinney, LW – Christian Pulisic, ST – Josh Sargent, RW – Tim Ware
What makes this game interesting is that Southgate runs an attacking 4-3-3 with players pushing opponents off the ball and wanting to keep possession. However, it will be interesting to see if he makes any changes regarding players.
GK – Jordan Pickford, LB – Luke Shaw, CB – Harry Maguire, CB – John Stones, RB – Kieran Trippier, CAM – Mason Mount, CM – Jude Bellingham, CDM – Declan Rice. LW – Raheem Sterling, ST – Harry Kane, RW – Bukayo Saka
USMNT vs England Prediction
The US can technically afford to lose, but this is the absolute worst possible outcome. The Stars and Stripes capital N need a draw or win to advance to the knockout stage, but England are the toughest opponents in the group. England are more likely to draw quality shots than Wales throwing Turner in on a busy day, but he is known for his shot-stopping and will try to keep this game as close as possible. I can.
On the flip side, does playing against the back 4 increase the USMNT’s chances of scoring more goals? Quality shots haven’t been there for a while, but now the US We are facing the best team from the recent schedule. After predicting the US to beat Wales 2-1 (it was a close game), this feels like something the Three Lions should win.
predict: England 3, USA 1