Chicago police say two men have been killed and at least eight others injured in citywide shootings this weekend.
A fatal shooting was reported at Block 2200 in South Sawyer around 2 a.m. Saturday, police said.
A 25-year-old man was driving south at the location when he was shot by a stranger. The man was confirmed dead at the scene.
Responding police encountered a group of individuals, one of whom threw an object that hit the officer in the head. The officer was taken to a local hospital in good condition.
Police said a 32-year-old man was found dead in the 3000 block of West Madison shortly before 6 a.m. with a gunshot wound to the chest.
The man was confirmed dead at the scene and the suspect has not been taken into custody.
Here are the rest of the weekend shots.
- A 23-year-old man was outside at Block 1500 on West Jonquil Terrace around 5 a.m. when he was shot in the left buttock. Police said the man was taken to a local hospital and was in good condition.
- A 24-year-old woman was shot in the back, buttocks, and left flank around 2:34 a.m. in the 2200 block of South Collin Avenue. The woman was taken to a local hospital in critical condition, police said.
- At approximately 3:24 a.m., a 24-year-old woman was driving up Block 9500 on South Ewing Avenue when someone in a black jeep opened fire on her, hitting her in the hip and left shoulder. Police said she was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
- A 57-year-old man was shot in the left side while sitting in a vehicle parked at Block 7300 in North Greenview at approximately 4:50 am. Police said he was taken to a local hospital in serious condition.
- A 15-year-old boy was shot in the groin while he was in an alley at Block 7100 in South Woods around 4:46 p.m., according to police. The teenager was taken to a local hospital in good condition.
- An 18-year-old boy was shot in the abdomen while standing in a 7800 block alley in South Ogelsby just before 6 p.m., police said. The boy was taken to hospital, but the extent of his injuries is not known.
- At about 5:48 p.m. at Block 1300 on Route 84 Westth As the 17-year-old Street stood on the pavement, the occupants of the car opened fire and hit him in the right shoulder. Police said he was taken to a local hospital in good condition.
- Shortly after 10pm, at Block 5900 in North Kenmore, a 38-year-old man was shot in the arm while walking on the sidewalk. Police said he was taken to a local hospital in good condition.