Lemon Grove (CP) — The victim residents heard two gunshots from their next-door neighbors’ house and a bullet entered their house through a window and hit their big-screen TV. They called 911 immediately.
Deputies arrived and made call-outs to Richard Churchill to come out of his residence and surrender. Churchill would not surrender and kept looking out the front window.
SDPD K-9s’ was requested and an SDSO Drone was used to watch the rear of the house. The drone saw Churchill go into the backyard and enter a shed.
He then went back into the house.
A female surrendered after approx 45 minutes of the deputies making the call-outs. The SWAT was being requested when Churchill finally surrendered peacefully after the second hour of the standoff had passed. The Deputies took him into custody. The 6-year-old daughter was found asleep in the house in her bedroom.
INCIDENT DATE/TIME: 7-4-22 4:11 am
LOCATION: 8200 blk of Mt. Vernon St
CITY: Lemon Grove, San Diego County, California, United States
- San Diego: I-805 Closure Due to Flooding
- Man shot and killed at street takeover in South LA
- Video & Photos shows Ohio officers killed unarmed Black man in hail of bullets
- Chicago: police responding to shooting at Fourth of July parade, officials say, multiple people shot
- Breaking News: 6 dead, more than two dozen hospitalized in mass shooting at Highland Park Fourth of July parade
- Lemon Grove: Standoff Ends Peacefully
- Phoenix: Felony Flight From Police Ends in Severe Crash, Suspect in Custody
- San Diego: Fireworks Start Vegetation Fire
- Police Injured: Incredible footage released by the Haltom City Police Department
- 3 people killed in high-speed crash in Winnetka
- Jurupa Valley: Street Race Kills One in Fiery Head-On Collision