PEORIA (25News Now) – One person is displaced after a fire in Peoria Friday night.
According to a news release from Battalion Chief Jeff Hascall, firefighters were called shortly before 6:30 p.m. for a report of smoke at a residential duplex on North McReynolds Court, which is off West John H Gwynn Jr. Avenue.
Crews extinguished the fire while looking for occupants, but no one was home at the time of the incident.
A fire investigator determined that the fire started from a discarded cigarette in a chair.
Smoke was ventilated from the duplex, but one resident was displaced.
No injuries were reported.
Damage is estimated at $1,000.
Copyright 2023 WEEK. All rights reserved.