A few words may come to mind when people think of Chicago. The word “pizza” is one of them.
However, Chicago pizza dough doesn’t always fare well on this occasion. New listing from Yelp It ranks the top 100 pizzerias in the US and Canada.
The new ‘Top Pizza Spots All-Time List’ consists of ‘the best spots to savor a slice. I prefer cheese,” says Yelp. According to the review site, the list was compiled by identifying “businesses in the pizza category” and aggregating them “using a number of factors, including the total number of reviews and ratings.”
Dozens of Chicago’s pizza places often rank high on food lists, but none are in the top 10 on Yelp. Nowhere is there a fan-favorite pizzeria like Pequod’s or Lou Malnati’s.
Illinois pizza first appeared on the list at No. 40 at a place called Baked, located in a suburb of Galesburg, about 200 miles from Chicago.
Coming in at No. 43 is Milly’s Pizza in the Pan in Chicago’s Uptown district. One reviewer of him on Yelp called it “the best pizza in Chicago.” So many places in the city use so much cheese on their pizza, but Milly’s says, “It’s the perfect pizza. Balance.”
Chicago’s next pizzeria on the Lower West Side, Bob’s Pizza, is located at 61 behind Pomodoro e Mozzarella in St. Charles.
The final pizza parlor in Chicago is Zazzas Pizzeria in Lakeview.
Here are the top 10 pizzerias on Yelp:
- Sapori Di 786 Degrees — Pasadena, California
- Chao!Pizza & Pasta — Chelsea, MA
- Zeneli Pizzeria & Cucina Napoletana — New Haven, Connecticut
- Wishing Pizza Smiles — Reno, Nevada
- Dixie Pizza Wagon — Hurricane, Utah
- Saverio’s Authentic Pizza Napoletana — Massapequa, NY
- Acqua e Farina by Ciro Esposito — Miami, Florida
- B+C Pizza — Laguna Niguel, California
- Toni’s Detroit Style Pizza — Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Napoli 1800 Cucina and Pizzeria — Miami, Florida
You can view the full list of here 100.