CHICAGO — A 19-year-old Chicago man charged with killing an 18-year-old man and seriously injuring another in the South Loop shootings last month beats and kills a woman with a stolen car. The prosecutor’s office announced that he was convicted last year of the crime.
Jordan Parks received a suspended sentence and was placed under electronic surveillance as part of his sentencing in November.
On Thursday, prosecutors identified Parks, 16-year-old Antoine Blakes, and an unnamed 15-year-old boy as Cameron Rayford, 18, in a shooting on the 1900 block in the Southern States. He was charged with killing and seriously injuring another 18-year-old. April 27th.
Blakes was driving the stolen Kia with the boy and Parks in the passenger seat when Rayford was killed around 3:30 p.m., Assistant State Attorney Kiana Arakawa said Thursday. It is said that he encountered a jeep driven by
Arakawa said Blake hit the jeep and Parks and the boy were pulled sideways and opened fire through the passenger window of the Kia car, Arakawa said. Three passengers in the jeep, one of whom was shot in the hand, jumped out of the vehicle and fled.
However, Rayford was shot and mortally wounded. He remained in the driver’s seat when the jeep passed the intersection and stopped.
Arakawa said Blakes, Parks and the boy left the stolen Kia near Sermac and the state, then took a Green Line train to 35th Street and to the apartment complex where they live. said to have walked
Chicago police recognized Blake and the boy from CCTV footage, including a CTA employee.
Investigators entered information the day after the shooting when Parks was shot, and police noticed Parks in his apartment wearing the same shirt one of the suspects was wearing, Arakawa said. explained.
Officers executed a search warrant at the home of the three on Tuesday.
A 9mm pistol with an automatic fire switch was found at Blake’s home. Arakawa said ballistics tests revealed that the gun ejected part of a shell casing found at the scene of the shooting.
Arakawa said officers found another gun at Parks’ home. As a result of the test, it was found that the inside of the stolen Kia and the shell casings found at the shooting site were ejected.
Arakawa told Judge Charles Beach that Parks was found guilty of misuse of a weapon in 2019.
The following summer, Parks jumped over a curb while driving a stolen SUV and hit a 43-year-old woman walking on the sidewalk of Block 2,900 in South Wells. Arakawa said Parks fled the stolen car but still had the driver he used to operate the vehicle when police arrested him.
The clash left the woman paralyzed and remained in a hospital until she died of her injuries in February 2022.
Parks pleaded guilty to reckless murder and was given a three-year suspended sentence. A judge put him under electronic surveillance as part of his sentencing in November. Arakawa explained that if he is convicted of any crime while on probation, he could be sentenced to four years in prison.
He is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated assault with a firearm, possession of a stolen firearm, and three counts of attempted first-degree murder.
Blakes has referred “several” juvenile cases to court, but none have resulted in a verdict, Arakwa said.
He is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated assault with a firearm, possession of a machine gun, and three counts of attempted first-degree murder.
Deputy U.S. National Election Deputy Dylan Barrett, who represents Blake and Park, said they were both high school students. Parks plans to graduate in June.
Judge Charles Beach ordered Parks and Blakes to be detained without bail.
The 15-year-old boy’s case is being handled at a juvenile detention center and his name has not been released. He is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated assault by firing a firearm, aggravated misuse by someone under 21, and three counts of attempted first-degree murder.