CHAMPAIGN — Champaign firefighters quickly extinguished an accidental fire in a home on the city’s southwest side over the weekend. No injuries were reported.
A release from the Champaign Fire Department said firefighters were called at 6:38 p.m. Sunday to the split-level, single-family home in the 2800 block of Rolling Acres Drive. Upon arrival, they saw light smoke and found the occupants, who had made the call, were already outside.
Firefighters found a small fire near the chimney and put it out with a single hose line.